Academic Certification Information Agent
Position Type: Full-time
Position reports to: Director, Programs & Operations
Reporting to the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) Director, Programs and
Operations, the Information Agent is responsible for providing professional, high quality
information and administrative services. This integral position supports the Academic
Certification program and is responsible for the efficient coordination of automatic
certification applications, follow-up on applicant files, maintenance of applicant database, and a
variety of clerical duties that support CACB customer service and operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Collaborates closely with Certification Program Coordinator in the delivery of the
• Coordinates and processes Automatic Certifications,
• Processes Canadian and NAAB Graduates
• Conducts completeness checks for all applications.
• Assists in correspondence with applicants through preparation and distribution of
application forms, confirmation letters, acceptance letters, etc.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality for applicant files.
• Fulfills accurate data entry requirements for new applications.
• Tracks and follows-up on existing applicant files for outstanding information and deadlines.
• Maintains relationships with provincial licensing associations and academic institutions.
• Expedites cyclical auto certification processes and prepares all documents.
• Acts as back-up receptionist and as point of escalation for general inquiries and/or existing applications.
• Maintains hardcopy files and filing systems.
• Supports logistics for monthly academic certification assessments.
• Processes bank deposits and coordinates with Bookkeeper.
• Maintains relationship with external service providers.
• Supports the Executive Director and Director, Programs & Operations, in clerical
requirements, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge
Post secondary education in administration or related field.
– Language Requirements:
English and French Verbal and written.
– Professional / Experiential Knowledge
Minimum 2 years experience in related role
Records and information management principles.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal);
• Strong problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to use sound judgment and discretion;
• Dedication to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Ability to work well in a team;
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
• Solid computer skills (MS Office) and the ability to adapt to customized software;
• Knowledge of bookkeeping processes and software an asset