Application for Certification
It is important to provide all the required supporting documents to ensure timely processing of your application. All documents must be mailed out to our office in a hard copy format. Scanned and e-mailed documents are not accepted.
The submission must include the following supporting documents:
1-For graduates of accredited programs by the CACB and the NAAB:
• Official transcripts or certified true copy of record of completed courses of the Bachelor and the Master degree;
• Copy of the degree; and
• Payment of the Assessment Fee (as per the Fee Schedule)
2-For graduates of the following programs:
– Programs of Canadian Schools of Architecture prior to the implementation of the Accreditation System in 1991;
– Programs of Foreign Schools of Architecture including the graduates of Canberra Accord Signatories since January 1, 2010; and
– Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Syllabus Program.
- Official transcript of the record of completed courses or certified true copy thereof.
- Certified true copy of the official translation of the transcripts if the original documents are not in English or in French.
- Certified true copy of all degrees
- Certified true copy of the official translation of degrees if the original documents are not in English or in French.
- Official University Calendar describing the professional program in architecture or equivalent documentation (Course Syllabus). University calendar must be corresponding to the years of your studies. See here if we’ve got your Course Calendar.
- Certified true copy of the official translation of the university calendar if the original document is not in English or in French. (Translation of the program in architecture only).
- List of the academic design projects completed throughout the program in architecture, as well as a brief description of each project in a maximum of 4 pages.
- Portfolio of academic design. Not mandatory, but it is recommended to submit one in order to inform your application.
- Payment of the Assessment Fee (as per the Fee Schedule)
Submission of Portfolio of academic design work requirements.
Portfolio of school work should be made of copies of individual work produced within design studio of the Architectural program. It must include at least the final design project and/or two other projects produced in the last two years of the program. The required dimensions and format are as follows:
• Dimensions of submissions: 8½ X 11″ to 11″ X 17″ folded into 8½ X 11″
• Format: Mechanical binding and soft covers
- If missing documents are not received within 90 days (3 months), we will return back the application and will retain an administrative fee of 15% of your application fee.
- All the supporting documentation including Portfolio become the property of CACB and will not be returned at any time.