EligibilityPlease note that the eligibility fees are not refundable. Therefore, it is important that you have carefully reviewed all the mandatory eligibility criteria for the BEFA Program before proceeding.
You can apply for BEFA certification if you can demonstrate that you meet all of the following mandatory requirements:
- You have been formally educated as an architect and you have completed an architectural education/degree.
- You have practiced as a licensed/registered architect in a foreign jurisdiction.
- You are able to demonstrate at least seven (7) years of post-registration/licensure experience in architecture within the last 10 years.
- You will have obtained at least six (6) months of relevant Canadian architectural work experience by the time of your assessment interview. This work experience cannot be gained more than three (3) years before the date scheduled for the assessment interview.
- You understand that this experience must be gained under the personal supervision and direction of a registered/licensed architect within the Canadian province or territory in which you intend to be licensed/registered.
- Relevant Canadian Architectural work experience is that which exposes you to the practice and regulatory requirements of architecture in Canada.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the BEFA Coordinator at (613) 241-8399 ex 225, firstname.lastname@example.org